Wednesday, October 11, 2006

RIP Discman 2001-2006


A tragedy has struck in my life today, for my discman has officially died. After six long loyal years, it has decided to leave this world and rest in peace for eternal. I must admit I will truly miss my discman. I recieved the discman in seventh grade on my thirteenth birthday and I was overjoyed that I finally had something to listen to my cd's anywhere I go. Even though this discman was from Zellers, it survived every near fatal accident in its life. It has been thrown arond it backpacks, suit cases and purses and has been dropped about million times, but still remained in tact. It even survived the great fall of 2003, when Katrina dropped my discman and the lid was practically destroyed. Now it wont even turn on, not even the radio:( Therefore, farwell discman, you will be truly missed.
Now here is one my favourite speeches from Shakespeare recited by my favourite Shakespearean character.:
Helena to Hermia- A Midsummer Nights Dream
Have you not set Lysander, as in scorn.
To follow me, and praise my eyes and face?
And made your other lover Demetrius-
Who even but now did spurn me with his foot-
To call me goddess, nymph, divine and rare,
Precious, celestial? Wherefore speak he this
To her he hates? and wherefore doth Lysander
Deny your love, so rich within his soul,
And tender me, forsooth, affection,
But by your setting on, by your consent?
What though I be not so in grace as you,
So hung upon with love, so fortunate;
But miserable most, to love unlov'd?
This you should pity rather than despise.

Now this means I only have about 1,997 speeches left to memorize. Fare thee well.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

six years is a long time for a discman, in people years that would be ....


no idea

8:54 p.m.  
Blogger Lady Katrina said...

so kim your coming this friday at 5 right?????

11:13 a.m.  
Blogger LadyShakespeare said...

No, sadly I could not make it to Waterloo this weekend. However, I found this awsome Halloween card and will send it to you when you email me your address.

10:04 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home