Tuesday, September 05, 2006

World Wildlife Foundation

On labour day, whilst I was working on homework, I happened to have the tv on to an episode of world wildlife. I decided to leave my homework aside and sat down to watch the episode. While I was watching, I started thinking about how I used to always want to save the whales. I felt awful that I put that dream aside just because I could not do the science or the math. Then, about every ten minutes, the number constantly pops up to call and give a month donation to help save these animals. So, half way through the show, I decided to call them and give a monthly donation of 21 dollars, or 70cents a day. I feel so happy knowing that instead of wasting my money now I will save it to give to something that deserves my money and will use it for a good cause-to save these endagered species! Now I get a free t-shirt and monthly news about the progress worldwildlife is making. Just remember people, there are only approxiametely 350 northern right whales left in the world. They need saving before its too late. Atleast now I can help save the whales, even though I can never work with the whales.
In other news, I joined a chivolrous swordhandling class. Classes begin on Sept.22! I am very excited, but now I have to go and find an actual part time job to pay for next semester classes and world wildlife funds. Oh well, its worth it. Fare thee well.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

good for you Kim. fight the good fight and save the whales. I know that sounds cliche, but it is true.

as well, it beats saying "nuke the whales". which is from an old Doonesbury comic.

9:26 a.m.  
Blogger LadyShakespeare said...

Yes, I feel very happy now that I am giving to WorldWildlife. Just wait until Christmas when people will fear my "Do you quarrel sir?". Too bad I still hate my program. The history of wood is terrible.

5:11 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home