Monday, September 25, 2006

Do You Quarrel, Sir?

On Friday was my first class of Chivolrous Swordhandling. I must admit, it was tres tres fun, but a challenge. In my class there are thirty-two people and out of that, only six of us are girls. So we are a minority, which does not bother me, for now there approxiametly six guys to every girl. The class began at seven and at the start the "Marshial" gave us an introduction and a brief history about the sword. Then he showed us how to get into ranks, from smallest in the front to the biggest in the back. Next, for about an hour and a half, I learned how to kill someone in their neck and slash their chest and how to block a sword! After that, I got to try on full armour and chainmail. The class goes until November 10 and hopefully by then I will master at swordhandling. You will soon fear me when I ask "Do you quarrel sir?"
Oh yes and on Saturday I did something very spontaneous. I actually got the middle of my lip pierced. It did not hurt when he was piercing it, but the next day it killed. Today the swelling went down, so it looks much better. I got the hoop, but I have to switch to the stud, for when I go job hunting, I do not think this is very appropiate. It actually relieved some stress that I have been experiencing for the past month. I do not know why, it just did. 82 days left at Algonquin College! Fare thee well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home