Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Tea Time and the Corpse Bride

Odd combinatation for the title, but it will make sense once you read this blog. Well, since I have been living on my own and have all afternoon classes, I am able to drink up to three cups of tea per day. After my lunch I have a cup, after my supper I have a cup of tea and then around 10pm I make myself a warm cup of decafianated tea. Tea time is such a pleasant experience, for it helps me spend a few momements to escape from reality. Therefore, if you are ever in a stressful mood, as I have been in the past month, instead of coffee, choose tea. Also it is healthier and will boost that metabolism.
In regards to other section of the title, during my after supper tea, I have been listening to The Corpse Bride soundtrack almost everyday. It is such an amazing soundtrack and there was so much emotion put into it from all the cast and producers. Here is my personal favourite song from the soundtrack:
Song: Tears to Shed Lyrics
MAGGOTWhat does that whispy little brat have that you don't have double?
BLACK WIDOWShe can't hold a candle to the beauty of your smile
CORPSE BRIDEHow about a pulse?
MAGGOTOverrated by a mile
BLACK WIDOWOverbearing
MAGGOTOverblown
MAGGOT AND BLACK WIDOWIf he only knew the you that we know
CORPSE BRIDE(sigh)
BLACK WIDOWAnd that silly little creature isn't wearing his ring
MAGGOTAnd she doesn't play piano
MAGGOT AND BLACK WIDOWOr dance
MAGGOTOr sing
MAGGOT AND BLACK WIDOWNo she doesn't compare
CORPSE BRIDEBut she still breathes air
BLACK WIDOWWho cares?
MAGGOTUnimportant
BLACK WIDOWOverrated
MAGGOTOverblown
MAGGOT AND BLACK WIDOWIf only he could seeHow special you can beIf he only knew the you that we know
CORPSE BRIDEIf I touch a burning candle I can feel no painIf you cut me with a knife it's still the sameAnd I know her heart is beatingAnd I know that I am deadYet the pain here that I feelTry and tell me it's not realFor it seems that I still have a tear to shed
MAGGOTThe sure redeeming featureFrom that little creatureIs that she's alive
BLACK WIDOWOverrated
MAGGOTOverblown
BLACK WIDOWEverybody know that's just a temporary stateWhich is cured very quickly when we meet our fate
MAGGOTWho cares?
BLACK WIDOWUnimportant
MAGGOTOverrated
BLACK WIDOWOverblown
MAGGOT AND BLACK WIDOWIf only he could seeHow special you can beIf he only knew the you that we knowC
CORPSE BRIDEIf I touch a burning candle I can feel no painIn the ice or in the sun it's all the sameYet I feel my heart is achingThough it doesn't beat it's breakingAnd the pain here that I feelTry and tell me it's not realI know that I am deadYet it seems that I still have some tears to shed.
Such a beautiful, yet sad song. In other news, I have successfully re-applied to Carleton University for the fall program of 2007! My plan is to major in English and minor in Art History. Fare thee well.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lady Katrina said...

Geek head, Coffee is way better

12:03 p.m.  
Blogger LefthandedSocks said...

no way, tea is so much better. Especially chamimioll (wow, that's spelt wrong) tea. Since I have been working almost all evening shifts I have been bringing it home after work every night. It is so relaxing and helps me escape the realities that is Tim Hortons and focus on the reality that is Partial Differential Equations.

10:44 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home