Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas A Humbug?


Last night, on the eve of Christmas Eve, I decided to read Charles Dickens classic A Christmas Carol. Now, practically the whole world knows the story of Mr.Scrooge and his three ghosts, so I will not go into very much detail. I do admitt, after reading the story (in one sitting with a good cup of tea) that I will no longer be a scrooge and will celebrate this Christmas with good will and to be jolly! At the beginning of the season, I was in the worst mood ever. I simply could get myself into the Christmas spirit and instead of saying Merry Christmas, it was more like "bah humbug". However, people can change, for as Mr.Scrooge first believed at the beginning of the novel during the Christmas season:
"If I could work my will,” said Scrooge indignantly, “every idiot who goes about with ‘Merry Christmas’ on his lips should be boiled with his own pudding, and buried with a stake of holly through his heart. He should!"
at the end, Mr. Scrooge changed his beliefs and became:
"
Scrooge was better than his word . . . . He became as good a friend, as good a master, as good a man as the good old City knew, or any other good old city, town, or borough in the good old world".
Therefore, on this day, do not be a scrooge and think Christmas a humbug. Instead, turn your thoughts into good cheer, for as Tiny Tim said in his famous quote "God bless us everyone!".
Happy Christmas and always remember to eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow may be your last. Fare thee well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home