Friday, November 24, 2006

Artist Block Has Perished



I started my second charcoal project at the beginning of October. I began with a normal pencil, later switching to 2H-6H sketching pencils to add the shading of the building. Once the shading was finally complete, which took approxiametly three weeks, I began the charcoal, which helped enhance the gothic affect. This section I found quite difficult because this is my second attempt at charcoal. I had few problems deciding whether I should use a 2B or a 4B on the light areas and when I used the wrong shade, it is impossible to erase. Then, I got into a artist block, which is very annoying especially since I was so close to completing the neo-gothic St.Micheals Basilica. The block lasted for two entire weeks. Then, on Monday after work, I opened my sketch book, turned on some Bach, and drew to my hearts content. I must say, I am quite proud of my gothic architect and now wondering what my next project shall be.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

looks great Kimberly

8:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home